Becoming a Photographer

Becoming a photographer is probably one of the best career paths to go down in your lifetime. Becoming a photography has it advantages and can be a whole new way you view the world. Becoming a photographer is much easier than you might think. All you need is something that has the ability to take photos, so like your cellphone could work just as good as a camera. However, getting an actual camera would be beneficial in the future because of the much more features it has than your phones camera. The market is filled with different cameras, different fields of photography, and people sharing their experiences and techniques, which can be helpful because you can learn tricks on what other photographers do to get the best shots. Getting into photography is easier than you can imagine. Being a photographer means you are your own boss, who doesn’t want to be their own boss? Meaning you don’t answer to any corporate hierarchy. Being a freelance photographer allows you to control your image, brand, schedule, client, etc. Photography is connected to most other industries, allowing for possible jobs and meeting people from different industries. You could work for a large company and advertise their products with your photography or become a portrait photographer and take pictures of people. A landscape photographer for magazines like for national geographic. Being a photographer may not be a stable job, but its one that you will enjoy working for the rest of your life. You can learn a lot of things from becoming a photographer to better yourself.

What to buy with $10,000?

If i was gifted $10,000 to buy any photography equipment i needed for my buisness this is what i would buy from B&H Photography and Video…

• Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 75-300mm Lenses Deluxe Kit – $602.50
  • Canon EOS RP Mirrorless Digital Camera with 24-105mm F/4-7.1 Lens – $1,299.00
  • Canon EF- S 55 – 250mm F/4-5.6 IS II Lens – $185
  • Magnus PV- 3320G Photo/ Video Tripod with Geared Column with Smartphone Adaptor and Go Pro Mount – $24.95
  • San Disk 256GB Extreme Pro UHS- I SDXC Memory Card – $62.99 x2= $125.98
  • Reflecmedia RM 7225 DS 8.0 x 8.0′ Desk Shoot All In One Bundle with Small Dual Lite Ring – $5,650.00
  • Bolt VD-410 Manual Flash – $49.00
  • Lenovo Think Centre M720E SFF Desktop Computer – $629.00
  • Apple 21.5″ iMac with Retina 4K Display (Early 2019) – $1,349.00

With all of this equipment I chose to buy I have, $84.62 left over. I think I deserve a nice meal and some new shoes with this hard online shopping work I did. 😉

Silver List Critique

The first person I chose to critique is Steph Foster. I enjoyed her photos because they showed just the right amount of lighting and the quality is immaculate. Plus, her photos are kind of odd  which draws my attention more. Steph’s formatting of her website in my opinion fits perfectly with her photography because its odd and eye catching. I love the first two photos. The first one with the yellow car makes me feel chill and calm , I love the wet floor that adds in some more details so that the photo looks cool, I love how the neon sign colors bounce off onto the yellow car. The second photo gives me country side vibes because of the way the trees are all aligned together with the soft light coming out of them, very pretty.

Bail Bonds

The second photographer I chose was Widline Cadet. I enjoyed her series called “Soft” because the black and white makes the images look more calming. The models in the photos really brought the image to life because in a way you can feel the pain that their going through.

Soft_46_W.jpg
Soft_53_W.jpg

Read and Reflect: Why Is Photography Important?

Photography is important in many ways one being to capture life’s greatest moments and being able to see that happy moment forever. Photography is as simple as putting on your shoes, all you need is a device or camera that can take pictures. You learn more from being a photographer, you learn new tricks to the best lighting, and much more amazing hacks to the best picture. When in photography you can meet others, who think just like you because there is a variety of different photography styles and designs and its always best when you find someone who sees your vision for styles of photos.

When being a photography you are inspired to travel places to find the best scenery for amazing quality images. Not only do you get amazing new backgrounds for photos, but you also experience the thrill of traveling all over the world to new places. Photography allows you to collect memories from your loved ones to the world. Like the BLM riots many photographers were out there risking it all just to show the viewers how it actually went down and the images captured at the riots and protests speak loud to all viewers. Photography becomes history , you might be photographing now and not realizing in a few years your images can make history by showing the new generations just how hard and sad this pandemic is.

100 Photographs

One of the 100 images that stood out to me was this one of a few colored pictures of a women covered in blood. Neda Agha-Soltan was an unlikely viral icon. On June 20, 2009, the 26-year-old stepped out of her car on a Tehran street near where Iranians were massing in protest of what was seen as the farcical re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The Islamic Republic was experiencing its worst unrest since the 1979 revolution. The state made it illegal to join the demonstrations and barred most foreign media, which meant the burden of bearing witness was largely left to the citizens who waded in, cell phones in hand.

It was around 6:30 p.m. when Agha-Soltan was struck in the chest by a single bullet, said to originate from a progovernment sniper, though no one was ever charged. Men struggled to save her as others focused their cameras on the unfolding tragedy. One frame from the footage freezes her final gaze as streaks of deep red formed a web on her face. The image, among the earliest and easily the most significant to ever go viral, commanded the world’s attention. Within hours, footage uploaded anonymously to YouTube had been viewed by the President of the United States—proof that our new digital age could not only connect people; it could pry open even the staunchest of regimes. 

Canon Lens Experience

In the article I read by , Grant Williams was very interesting and intriguing. He spoke about travel photography and all the amazing images you can capture from this type of photography. I personally enjoy traveling and photography, when I travel anywhere I am always taking pictures. I do love to live in the moment but I also love capturing those very few loving moments in life to be able to look back and remember how much fun I was having in that moment. Grant talked about how travel photograohy is very unique, you can take landscape, portrait, still life, and action photography. To be able to capture all those different other photography topics is what amazes me.

In another article by, Tom Kirkman talked about food photography. Now, I always have to take a picture of my food before eating because that’s just the thing to do. I never knew just how much effort is put into food photography after I was assigned that assignment for my class. It is easy when your not being graded on it. Sasha Gitin has communicated with chefs and food businesses to take images of their food to promote them. That by itself is very impressive because some food trucks cant always have their business promoted on social media but the fact that Sasha was willing to ask them is very inspiring.

Indeed Job Hunting

One job that really caught my attention is a Studio Assistant- Prop Stylist in Ontario, CA. This job is almost perfect for me, it requires a high school diploma which I will be getting in less than 2 months, it requires a creative mind, organization, problem solving, helping photographers set up, great penmanship, etc. All of these skills apply to me because I can do almost every single one of them very well. All I need is my diploma and I can apply for the job. I really hope this job is still open when I graduate because I will happily apply and love doing this job.

Broad Museum Collection

This image by Keith Haring, caught my eye so much because of how odd it looks. The eyes are placed on top of each other which is not something you see all the time. As i look more into the details of the image i can see weird human like people sucking from the nipples of the creature as if they are the creatures babies. Overall this image has a lot of odd placements that caught my attention for a while.

• 5 things i like about this image..
  • The colors
  • The weird objects
  • The eyes
  • The teeth
  • The human like people

25 Ways to Jump Start Photography

1. look at popular photoblogs and get inspired
  2. shoot for a holiday theme
  3. shoot a gorgeous model
  4. take on a photo assignment
  5. shoot my family
  6. shoot my favorite food
  7. shoot a family event
  8. tell a story in 5 pictures
  9. use a prop in an interesting way
  10. take a self portrait